Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not really sure why anyone makes New Year's resolutions.  Most people don't keep them, especially after a couple of months.  For example, at the gym tonight, every single treadmill, elliptical and stair machine was full!  That never happens....and in about a month, they will be empty again.  We all keep making those resolutions though!  


This year, I made like 20 resolutions!!  Haha!  I know I will not keep them all, but I am sure going to try.  The first one I thought of was to use all of the kitchen gadgets that we have.  We have so many things, and a lot of them have never been used in the many years that we have owned them.  I have a pasta maker, and with my love of pasta, one would think that I would use that all the time!  BUT, I've never used it!  We've also never used our juicer that we registered for when we got married.  These things need to either be used or get the heck out of our kitchen!  


That led to my next idea: decluttering.  We absolutely need to get rid of so much stuff in our house.  There are boxes of things that have never been unpacked in the 3 years we have been in our house, there are boxes of things that we will never use.  It's time to donate it!  That's what we will do with all of the kitchen stuff that we never use as well.  We will use them, and decide if they are something that we will continue to use.  If not, then off to Goodwill.


I also am resolving to take much better care of myself this year.  This is obviously a pretty common one but I just feel like I have always put myself on the back burner to make sure that my house and husband are taken care of.  It's time to make sure I get in shape and keep myself healthy and groomed!  To start that, I got a haircut today.  I regularly keep up on getting my hair trimmed, but today I changed it up a little: I got a little side bang going on!  It's really kinda cute!  I want to try to look my best a lot of the time.  No more just bumming it.  I know that the better I look, the more motivated I am to keep it up, so it's a fantastic cycle!  I also worked out twice today.  I went to Zumba this morning, which I love, and then played racquetball for over an hour with Mike tonight.  It was a lot of fun!  I'm never much of a competitor for Mike because he is a fantastic player and I have no athletic ability or coordination at all!  However, tonight, during the 4th game, Mike said that I moved faster and better than I ever have before.  I was having fun and was motivated!!  I can't wait to play again!  


So, those are just a few of my many resolutions this year.  I'm saying now that I am going to try my hardest to keep them up and not get lazy.  I hope that school doesn't take up so much of my time that I cannot do it.  I have to try hard to stay organized and manage my time well.  


I hope everyone else has enough motivation to keep up with their resolutions as well!  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I break my New Years resolution every year. I am going to try SO hard to keep mine this year though. I know I can do it I just have to plan in advance!

    So happy you are putting YOU first! You have been through a lot and deserve it! Couldn't be happier for you.

    Good luck on your New Years Resolutions!!

    ReplyDelete