Well, it's a new year, and what better time than now to begin a blog! I have always wanted to, and I have always felt bad about not keeping a diary since I was a little girl. I must say that I was inspired by one of my best friends, Leslie, who made it her new year's resolution to post a blog a day every day this year! I thought that if I try to blog almost daily as well that maybe we can help keep each other motivated.
I expect that this blog (or diary as I may treat it), will be a medley of things. I will vent when I need to (which may be more than some will want), talk about my experiences as an Elementary Ed major, talk about brewing beer and making wine, about my husband and our adventures and anything else that I may be thinking about at the time! I always have an opinion about something, and this is the perfect outlet. It will also be a good way to let other people keep up to date on what is going on with me and Mike, as we live 400+ miles away from our family and the majority of our friends.
I decided to call this space "Just One of Those Days" because every day for me is 'one of those days.' When some people hear that phrase, they think of it in a negative connotation. However, for me, it could be one of those amazing days where everything goes perfect! That is exactly how this past weekend was. Being as today is January 2, this weekend included New Year's Eve. Mike and I are lucky enough to have some great families and amazing friends. 10 of them traveled all the way from Illinois to be here with us! Nana, Uncle Mart, Uncle Jeremy, Rhowee, Jim, Joellen, Jamie, Zach, Leslie and Andrew all came up here. We enjoyed NYE at our house with some delivered Portillo's! We also had a couple other friends come over. The ski hill by our house lit off fireworks at midnight, and it was beautiful! The snow had just fallen and the sky was still white, so instead of seeing most of the fireworks clearly, the sky just glowed in a beautiful red or blue or green. The next day, we all went to the Bears @ Vikings game at the Metrodome! It was so much fun, and we won!! It was the last game of the season, so it was quite a way to end it. Mike and I also won $75 in the football pool. :)
After the game, we split off and the Nelsons and the Freemans all went to the casino buffet for dinner. Then, Andrew and Leslie stayed at the casino with us while the rest left. We played a few slots and between the 4 of us, left $200 richer!! It was a blast! We ended the night at home playing some games and having margaritas! This weekend was the perfect way to start the new year, and I am so lucky to have friends like Andrew and Leslie that were willing to drive all the way up here and buy football tickets at the last minute just to spend New Year's with us when almost none of our local friends would. They mean more to me than they know!
Well, it's time for bed and I cannot wait to embark on this exciting year!
Proud of you Heather! I can't wait to ready your blog and follow you on your journey! You are such a great friend and I am looking forward to what the next year brings the both us! Love you!
ReplyDelete