Friday, January 6, 2012

Dreams

Last night was one of those nights where you have like 500 dreams and they seem to take over your entire sleeping time.  Usually when that happens, I can't remember them, but this time...they seem to stick out for some reason.  Dreams are so weird.  You are just minding your own business in your own bed drifting off, and then out of nowhere you are entered into this crazy make believe land where nothing that happens would actually happen in your conscious make believe head.  Then you are left wondering what the heck it all meant.  Apparently there is some sort of reason for you to dream the way that you do.  Something going on in your head that somehow relates to what happened in your dream.  It's all too philosophical for me.  Although, it would be really interesting to learn what my own dreams mean.  


This time, I was at Mike's family's lakehouse in Indiana which was nothing like the actual lakehouse.  They had a boat that was just gigantic, and the lake was also much larger.  It almost reminded me of Lake Michigan.  Then, my mom showed up.  And it was ok that she was there.  In real life, that would not happen.  She didn't say or do much, just was present.  It was a little strange.....ok, very strange.  We all took the monster of a boat out later and ended up going through this sea of fishing lines and bobbers and broke the engine because the propellers got all tangled up.  We were stranded in the middle of this lake where we couldn't even see land around us.  This was weird because we had just left our dock.  It was like the land disappeared.  


This dream went on and on but then somehow landed me in a Best Buy store where I was searching for my backpack that I had left there for some reason.  I asked for it up at the LP stand and the woman that was there was so excited to see me even though I swear we had never met before.  She walked me to where my bag was and instead of handing that to me, handed my friend's coat to me.  I don't know why that was there or why she thought that was my bag.  I eventually got my bag from her and as we were walking away I told her that the reason my bag was even here was because I was coming back here to work. I  had been hired the day before. She snickered and said "we'll see about that."  Wasn't she just so excited to see me two minutes ago?  I was so confused, and then I woke up.  


So you tell me, what the heck does it all mean??

No comments:

Post a Comment