So, as some of you may have heard lately, I have never watched the Star Wars movies....nope. Not even one. That is, until last week when Mike convinced me that we just absolutely had to own the Blu-Ray versions. We did some gift card trading between what he and I got for Christmas and he bought them with his Best Buy gift cards. Then...of course...we had to watch one. Now we had to decide which one to watch first. Boy, I did not think that was something you usually decide...I was wrong.
We started with Episode IV. I felt very nerdy sitting with my husband while he was so excited and 'blown away' by the Blu-Ray quality as he said about 1,000 times, but I must admit I enjoyed it. I'm not sure why I never watched it before. I guess I had better things to do. Then, of course, he was so excited that he wasn't tired yet, so that meant I had to make it through another one. This one was good too! I think I like Episode IV better because it established everything for me.
Then, a couple of nights later, Mike convinced me yet again that we did, in fact, need to watch Episode VI. Well, who was I to argue with him? So we did and I was pleasantly surprised again. This one would be my favorite so far, except for all of the ugly creatures. There were so many of them! And in that great 'blow me away' high Blu-Ray quality...there just were a lot of details that I did not need to see so well. The story was probably the best though.
So, there you have it. At the age of 28, I have finally seen Star Wars....well, half of it anyway. If there is anyone here that has not seen them, I am sure my husband would love to watch them with you and tell you all about the differences in the versions now and the originals, and talk about how much he loves these movies. I'll be there too though because I did actually enjoy them. And now I am finding myself seeing Star Wars-esque things in everyday life. For example, on the People's Choice Awards tonight, one of the actresses from How I Met Your Mother was wearing a necklace that I referred to as a Princess Leia necklace. I also am reciting my favorite line, "awwww, cannot get your ship out!" every time Mike complains about something. (Yoda is super cute btw.) I guess it comes with the territory.
Thanks, Mike, for showing me the way!
Oh boy Heather! Don't let him sink you in too far! I have no want to ever watch those movies! I have probably seen 1 or 2 but it was probably the most boring hour wasted of my life. lol!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind. They are actually pretty good if you give them a chance.
ReplyDelete