Sunday, January 8, 2012

House Projects

Today Mike and I did a lot of dreaming about what we want to do to our house but we also finally took a step in the right direction.  We went to Home Goods, Home Depot, Menards and back to Home Depot.  We have been wanting to replace our carpet in our lower level ever since we moved in 3 years ago.  Ok, well, I have been wanting it a lot more than Mike has and I have had to be very patient while all kinds of other projects were done.  Not anymore!  We finally have saved up enough money to do it and we're doing it!!  Home Depot will install for only $37!  We're (I'm) really excited to get this done!!  They are coming out on Tuesday to do the measurement and then we will schedule the install.  Of course, we have a lot of work to do before that install day comes.  We want to save a bit of money by moving all the furniture ourselves and also removing the old carpet ourselves.  We also have to finally replace our old, ugly trim.  That's 200 feet of trim!  A lot of cutting and sanding and staining in our future.  Anyway, I just can't wait for this to happen.  This carpet is so ugly and is really kind of gross because I'm pretty sure the previous owners had at least one large dog down there and kept them down there a lot.  When we get it all done I will post pictures!  


In the meantime, we are also updating our main bathroom in the hall upstairs.  We have taken everything out except the essentials, of course.  The amount of stupidity the previous owners had is remarkable.  I'll talk more about that later too when I post pictures of that project.  Anyway, while we were out today we bought a new light fixture, new towel bar and towel ring.  We have spackled everything in the room and painted the ceiling and tomorrow we will be able to move on to priming the walls.  We are going to paint it a tan color that we have in a few other rooms in the house.  I hope it turns out well!  We also want to replace the linoleum with tile and get a new tub and tile the shower part of the tub, but that will all have to come at a later date.  For now, I hope this updates the room enough to feel more homey!  I'll update on it when we are done!


1 comment: