Sunday, January 15, 2012

Golden Globes

Second big awards show of the season!!  I am so excited.  I am writing this as I watch it so I can make sure I don't miss anything!!  
First - Ricky Gervais' opening line "...now, where was I?" was hilarious!  Comparing Kim Kardashian to Kate Middleton was also hilarious and so true.  I have to say a lot of people in the audience are looking a little uncomfortable.  I don't know why because Ricky's not even being that inappropriate!  He's telling it like it is!  I think he's a good-hearted person and just speaks the truth.  

My observations: 
Johnny Depp looks good! Even with his hair length.  I normally don't like his hair. Good green vest.
Gerard Butler = HOT. Officially going on my list.
Mila Kunis - beautiful. Loved her dress.
Ashton Kutcher looks so young!  
Elle MacPherson's dress no good.
Hilarious fail with the teleprompter!  Had to hand Julianne Moore a paper to read off of.  Classic.
I like Kate Winslet with blonde hair!  
Michelle Williams looks cute with her pixie cut and headband - not too many girls can pull that off!  Her acceptance speech was so sweet, thanking her daughter.  
It must be cold in that room....according to Claire Danes. 
Madonna has some crazy guns! I wouldn't want to make her mad!
Katherine McPhee looks really pretty, but she needs a dress with some color to it. 
Angelina Jolie looks like she's going for a Snow White look.  Not digging it.  
Love Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy singing a little song - they were so cute!
Great dig on Ricky by Madonna.  He kidded that she was 'like a virgin' then choked on the words.  She said, "Why don't you come do something about it? I haven't kissed a girl in a long time."  
Claire Danes brought her mom, so sweet.
Matt LeBlanc looks very distinguished.  Joey is all grown up! :)
Bradley Cooper's mustache is kinda creepin' me out.
Love Reese Witherspoon's dress!  She looks beautiful! 
Great Morgan Freeman tribute!  He's one of Mike's favorites and this proves why! 
Jessica Beil looks a little too draped.
Meryl Streep was kind of dressed like a country music star.  But still pulled it off!  She's so cute, and such a good actress!  
Jane Fonda looks like a Barbie!
The cast of The Artist brought up a dog, I assume it's in the movie, and he was just so frick'n cute!!!
I really don't understand Natalie Portman's dress.  There's something sticking out of it.  Is it pink?  Is it red?  Those colors don't go together...
The Descendants is the big winner!  George Clooney is so fantastically good looking!  Haven't seen the movie yet, but have it downloading!  


My favorite dressed:
Mila Kunis
Jessica Alba
Reese Witherspoon

My least favorite dressed:
Elle Macpherson
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Selma Hayek

***Note: This is without watching the pre-show, so I have not yet seen everyone's outfits.  I may update later!  

No comments:

Post a Comment