First of all, how tragic that Whitney Houston had to pass away the day before music's biggest night. However, everything happens for a reason, and it would appear that her time had come. I heard during the pre-show that the autopsy is complete but that they are withholding the results. This adds some suspicion to it that there was foul play or drugs involved. I hope that if it was something to do with drugs that people finally start to wake up and realize what they do to a person and stop the madness. Either way, there's no denying that Whitney had an absolutely amazing voice that no one could compete with she will be missed.
Moving on to the awards!
I love that Bruce Springsteen opened! Not sure about his song, but he rocked it. I also love that LL Cool J is hosting. He's such a cool guy. It was chilling and tear-producing to watch the thousands of people in the audience bowing their heads to prayer for Whitney led by LL. Such an overwhelming sense of community.
Bruno Mars rocked!!! What a catchy song and I always love his classic outfits. His voice can do some amazing things too, like imitating James Brown. I love it! And boy can he move!
Adele won for best solo pop song! I would have been happy with any of the nominees winning as I think they are all good songs, but I really think that Adele's song was over the top and really deserved it. Good for her!
I love country music - and I think Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson did great - but I feel like I've seen them perform that song 50 times this year. It's just a bit overplayed now.
The only thing I liked about Rhianna's performance is that sometimes Zumba instructors use her song to dance to....that's it. I don't know why I don't like her as a person. Something about her bothers me. Also, for all the people saying she looked hot performing....she didn't! Not a good outfit. I DID, however, like Coldplay's half of their performance....as soon as Rhianna left the stage.
OMG OMG OMG! Loved the Beach Boys tribute/performance. Loved Maroon 5, loved Foster to the People (even though the lead singer looked a bit uncomfortable), and LOVED the Boys! It was probably the most exciting musical moment for me in years! You don't understand...I love the Beach Boys!!! I want to watch it over and over! I am super disappointed though, because during the pre-show, Mike Love said that John Stamos was going to work his way in there....I did not see him. I was hoping for a Full House flashback. It's ok though because the Beach Boys are back, baby!!
The Civil Wars - country group that opened for Taylor Swift. Never heard of them before, but man were they incredible! Taylor, on the other hand - I think she needs to start singing grown-up songs. I feel like all of her songs have always been the same type since she was 15. I like her, she's catchy, and she's such a sweetheart, but she needs to grow up a little or her moment is going to be over soon.
Definitely enjoyed the new Katy Perry song! I'm surprised she could perform a song like that in the middle of a divorce.
Oh, Adele. She just makes it look so easy and effortless! I can't believe her voice, and to think that she could have lost it all! Thank goodness for her amazing doctors! She has such a classic look about her too. Amazing.
Jennifer Hudson. Chills. She sang "I Will Always Love You" as a tribute to Whitney...just plain chills. She was incredible.
Nicki Minaj: I have no idea what just happened.
Record of the Year to Adele!! Congratulations to her, she deserves it.
Album of the Year to Adele as well! I'm glad she won and I'm glad she is so emotional about it!
It means that it really means something to her. Good for her!
That sums up the 54th Annual Grammy Awards!!! 'Till next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment